Search

Syndicate

Atom

katy @ ngenius.com

Rely On Recommendations

Doug and I have been taken to the bank and robbed so many times in thirty-plus years, I can’t even count them.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s to keep a notebook or a computer file or some easy-to-access record of all the vendors and services you’re actually happy with—and then remember to use them again!

Sometimes, in a desperate and stupid moment, we pull out the Yellow Pages, close our eyes, and call the plumber on whose name our fingers happen to fall. Is that the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard, or what? The trick is to NEVER be that desperate. And to ALWAYS have available the contact information for someone in each type of business you’ll eventually need—preferably someone who’s come HIGHLY recommended by those whose judgment you truly trust.

Here in Kansas City, we just recently were referred to Anthony’s Heating and Cooling, and I can’t tell you how much we liked the repairman they sent out. He was thorough, honest, respectful, and clean. He earned our trust and our repeat business. We will NOT be playing pot luck anymore, when we know that Anthony’s can meet our needs.

Don’t be like we’ve been in the past. Save yourselves some SERIOUS time, money, and frustration by keeping a file of dependable service people. You will be SO happy you followed my recommendation!

Posted by Katy on 05/21/08}
in Personal FinanceProduct Recommendations

1. In most states, there are no requirements for a tax preparer I know, scary thought.But you’d be wise to have a very solid knowledge of tax law,and keep updated you’d be surprised how many tricky situations come up even on fairly simple returns.
    Online Tax Refunds

Posted by Online Tax Refunds  on  12/25/09  at  04:41 AM

2. Mo’s Heating & Air Conditioning has been the best Heating & Cooling Company I have ever dealt with.  They were the best price, most courteous and most reliable.  I would recommend them to anyone in the Kansas City Metro area!

Posted by Max Honor  on  01/14/10  at  09:50 AM

3. I have dealt with them too and Mo’s Heating and Cooling indeed was the best!

Posted by Overland Park Heating  on  01/14/10  at  09:52 AM

4. “Don’t be like we’ve been in the past” ,I think it is a good advice!

Posted by angelfavoritejewelry  on  09/20/10  at  01:59 AM

5. It is important that we choose only reputable heating and cooling contractors who knows what they are doing. It is a good thing that you have found an honest contractor in Kansas and I hope contractors like Anthony’s exist all over the US.

Posted by Jordan  on  01/12/11  at  10:18 AM